BICF Genomics Analysis: Genetic Variation
Are you interested in genetic variation in cancer or inherited disease? Are you intested in looking for genetic risk loci? Are you interested in Immuno profiling? This course cover variant detection, annotation and visualization.
Topics covered will include:
- Short Read Alignments, Reference Genomes and Sequencing Technologies.
- Variation Detection Tools
- Somatic and Germline Variant Priorization in Cancer, Medelian and Complex Diseases
- Population Genetics to Identify Risk Loci
- Course Coordinator Daehwan Kim
- Course Coordinator Brandi Cantarel
- Course Administration Rebekah Craig
Please bring a WiFi-enabled laptop computer to fully participate in the workshops.
|May 1st 2019|
|08:00 - 09:30 a.m.||Sequencing and Sequence Alignment||Daehwan Kim|
|09:30 - 12:00 p.m.||Sequence Alignment Workshop|
|01:00 - 02:30 p.m.||Variant Calling: SNVs, InDel and SVs||TBD|
|02:30 - 05:00 p.m.||Variant Calling Workshop|
|May 2nd 2019|
|08:00 - 09:30 a.m.||Variant Prioritization in Cancer and in Trios||Brandi Cantarel|
|09:30 - 12:00 p.m.||Variant Prioritization Workshop|
|01:00 - 02:30 p.m.||Population Genetics||Julia Kozlitina|
|02:30 - 05:00 p.m.||Population Genetics Workshop|